How to Carve a Pumpkin: Popcorn Bowl
Halloween is almost here...
Let’s get creative!
Pumpkin carving is lots of fun and is super easy to do.
Your pumpkin can even double up as a scary face Popcorn bowl.
Just remember to watch out for things that go POP in the night!
Knife or serrated cutting tool
- Design your pumpkin face or design with marker pens.
- Cut around the stem to create the ‘lid’ that is large enough to fit your hand and spoon inside.
- Cut off the inside of the lid to remove any excess pumpkin
- Use a large spoon to scoop out the pulp and seeds. This is the messy part!
- Scrape the inside of the pumpkin with you spoon until the pumpkin flesh has all come away (you can keep this for our double pie recipe)
- Once hollow, begin carving your design. Gently push the pieces through with your fingers.
- Take a kitchen towel and press to absorb excess pumpkin juice
- Fill with popcorn and enjoy!