Spooky Popcorn Snack Recipes for Halloween Movie Night
Halloween is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate this eerie occasion than with a frightfully fun movie night? As you gather your friends and family for a spine-chilling evening of scares and screams, don't forget to indulge in some delicious snacks. This year, elevate your Halloween movie night with our spooky popcorn snacks that will add a touch of wickedness to your festivities. Check out our favourite Halloween snack mix recipes below!
Recipe 1: Creepy Toffee Popcorn
- Red food coloring
- Candy eyeballs
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl.
- Add a few drops of red food coloring to the popcorn and mix well to create blood-like splatters. Use a spoon to prevent food colouring stains on your hands!
- Sprinkle the candy eyeballs over the popcorn, distributing them evenly.
- Allow the popcorn to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Recipe 2: Spooky Popcorn Mix or Snack Bags
- 1 bag of Classic Caramel gourmet popcorn
- 1 bag of Peanut Butter gourmet popcorn
- 1 bag of Pop N Choc gourmet popcorn
- Halloween-themed snack bags or small paper bags
- Ribbon or string (optional)
- Pour popcorn flavour into separate bowls.
- Take a handful of each popcorn flavour and mix them together in a large bowl to create a spooky popcorn mix. Adjust the ratio of each flavour according to your preference.
- If you prefer individual snack bags, take the Halloween-themed snack bags or small paper bags and fill them with the spooky popcorn mix.
- Alternatively, if you're serving the popcorn mix in a communal bowl, skip the snack bags.
- If desired, tie the snack bags with ribbon or string to add a festive touch.
- Place the snack bags in a Halloween-themed display for your movie night guests to enjoy!
- You can swap the popcorn flavours for any three (or more) flavours you like. We’d love to hear which flavours you combine!
- For an extra fun Halloween mix, you could add some sweets, chocolates or nuts to the mix too.
Recipe 3: Monster Munch Popcorn Balls
- 2 sharing bags of Sweet & Salty mini popcorn
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Edible googly eyes
- Liquorice strings or shoestring liquorice
- Colourful sprinkles
- Pour all the popcorn into a large bowl.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and marshmallows together in short bursts, stirring in between, until smooth and fully melted.
- Stir in the vanilla extract into the melted marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and mix well until all the popcorn is coated.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly until it is safe to handle.
- Grease your hands with butter or cooking spray to prevent sticking, then take handfuls of the coated popcorn and shape them into balls.
- Decorate the popcorn balls with edible googly eyes, inserting them into the balls.
- Create "hair" for the monsters by attaching liquorice strings or shoestring liquorice to the popcorn balls.
- Sprinkle colourful sprinkles over the popcorn balls for added fun and flair.
- Allow the popcorn balls to cool and set before serving.
This Halloween, take your movie night to the next level with these spooky popcorn snacks that are sure to delight both young and old. From blood-like splattered popcorn and gooey popcorn monsters to snack mixes for trick-or-treating, these recipes will add an extra element of fun and fright to your Halloween celebrations. So grab your favourite popcorn flavours, get creative with the toppings and presentation, and let the spooktacular snacking begin! Happy Halloween!
PS: We would love to see your spooky scrumptious creations! Share it with us on socials @popcornshed for a chance to win popcorn!