Cookies & Cream Popcorn Sandwich Biscuits
Cookies & Cream might be one of our favourite flavours on earth. Crunchy, creamy, sweet and super rich in flavour, it's something we could eat every day!! If you're a fan, like us, we're sure you'll love this new sandwich biscuit recipe. Made with our Cookies & Cream gourmet popcorn for an extra special flavour layer, it's the perfect treat for the whole family. Super fun to make with kids, or to enjoy with friends and family!
This recipe makes 20 sandwich biscuits
For the Biscuits:
- 115g Unsalted Butter
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Black Gel Colouring
- 90g Plain Flour, sifted
- 45g Cookies & Cream Popcorn, crushed
- 75g Dark Cocoa Powder, sifted
For the cream filling:
- 100g Unsalted Butter
- 75g Icing Sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 170C fan oven. Lightly grease a couple of baking trays and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the salt and mix.
- Beat in the egg and food colouring.
- Fold in the flour, crushed popcorn and cocoa powder.
- Roll the dough between two sheets of baking parchment until it is 1cm thick. Using a small, circular cookie cutter, stamp out the cookies until all the dough has been used.
- Place the biscuits onto the prepared baking trays and bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- To make the filling, beat the butter in a bowl until smooth and pale in colour. Gradually, add in the icing sugar and carefully beat. Add the vanilla and mix until combined. You can always add more icing sugar or butter to create your desired consistency of buttercream.
- To sandwich the biscuits together, place the buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle, and pipe a blob of buttercream into the centre of one of the biscuits. Place another biscuit on top. Using your fingers, gently squeeze the biscuits together to ensure the buttercream can be seen.
- Enjoy with a glass of cold milk.
Make sure to check out her other recipes for more super tasty treats!