Easter Bunny Recipes with Rainbow Popcorn
It's almost Easter! Get ready for a long weekend full of fun activities, family time and delicious treats... We love it! If you are looking for a different treat than chocolate (to be able to increase your variety of snacks during Easter weekend, basically), we've got a super adorable and delicious recipe for you! These Easter Bunny Biscuits are easy to make, but taste amazing and are incredibly cute! Great to make with kids too, if you're willing to share them! Made with our Rainbow Gourmet Popcorn, this colourful family of bunnies guarantee an egg-cellent Easter for everybunny!
Makes 8 biscuits
For the biscuits:
- 125g Unsalted Butter
- 75g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 200g Plain Flour, sifted
For the icing:
- 250g Icing Sugar
- 75ml Water
- Food Colouring of your choice
- Popcorn Shed Rainbow Popcorn
- Preheat the oven to 170c fan. Lightly grease and line a couple of baking trays. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg yolk and beat.
- Gradually add the flour. Mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured worksurface and roll it out using a rolling pin until 2cm thick. Stamp out your biscuit shapes using a cookie cutter. Transfer the biscuits onto the prepared baking trays. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes, until baked and very lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly on the baking trays before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Whilst the biscuits are cooling, begin to make the icing.
- Sift the icing sugar into a medium bowl and gradually add the water. Stir after each addition. You may want to add more water or icing sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Split the glace icing into 4 separate bowls.
- Add a few drops of food colouring into each bowl of icing. Gently drag a cocktail stick through the icing, to marble the colouring and icing together. Dip the biscuit, face down into the icing and carefully remove it from the icing, shaking it gently as you do.
- Allow to set on a wire cooling rack.
Make sure to check out her other recipes for more super tasty treats!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.