Pecan Pie Popcorn Flapjacks
Ahh, flapjacks... Easy to make, super versatile and, most importantly, incredibly tasty! Whether you like chocolate, nuts, seeds, fruit or if you're like us, popcorn, you'll love making these with your favourite toppings! This easy flapjack recipe is made using our Pecan Pie gourmet popcorn, giving the treats a deliciously sweet and nutty caramel finish. Delish!!
- 200g oats
- 60g of chopped mixed nuts (Karish used 30g almonds, 20g walnuts and 10g pistachios)
- 1 tbsp dedicated coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 130g salted butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 100g golden syrup
- Handful of popcorn
- Melted cooking chocolate
- Mix the oats, nuts, shredded coconut and chia seeds together
- Heat the butter, melt in the sugar. Once this has been mixed add in the golden syrup
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and flatten the mixture into the tray
- Press pieces of your favourite popcorn into the mixture
- Bake for around 10mins at 160 degrees Celsius or until golden brown
- Once cool, top with melted chocolate and extra popcorn!
Karish's Top Tips
- Oats - I used Scottish oats
- Salted butter helps balance out the sweetness, you can use unsalted if that’s what you prefer!
- The flapjacks will be really soft when you take them out of the oven! However they will harden as they cool. Do not overbake!
This recipe was created by Karishma (@cook.with.karish on IG) and we HIGHLY recommend checking out her other recipes too as they are incredible!
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to see it! Make sure to tag us at @popcornshed #popcornshedcreations on your favourite social media channel!