Vegan Pea Soup with Truffle Popcorn
Don't you think soup is the perfect comfort food for those cold winter days? We can't get enough of it! Using loads of vegetables, herbs and spices to create something so yummy and diverse... We're drooling! Especially over this creamy vegan pea soup, made by munchingwithmolly_x on Instagram.
But with soup you always need a bit of crunch to add to the creamyness…and that’s where popcorn comes into the picture…
Our vegan White Truffle popcorn works perfectly for a crispy topping alternative to croutons! The salty-sweet-cheesy flavour tastes super yummy paired with the fresh peas. Don't believe us? Try for yourself!
Recipe (makes loads):
1 white onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
350g frozen peas
500ml vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
60ml vegan cream/Coconut yoghurt
Toasted pine nuts, to serve
Truffle popcorn, to serve
1. Place some oil in a heavy based saucepan and fry off the onion and garlic until soft (5-10mins)
2. Add the frozen peas, stock and seasoning, and simmer for 10mins
3. Pour into a blender until smooth
4. Stir in the cream/yoghurt
5. Taste and season to taste
6. Serve with more peas, toasted pine nuts, a drizzle of cream and enjoy with some crusty bread
This will keep in the fridge for 2-3days, and can be frozen for up to 3months
This recipe was created by munchingwithmolly_x on IG. Definitely make sure to check out her other delicious recipes on this page!
Did you make this recipe? We'd love to see it! Make sure to tag us at @popcornshed #popcornshedcreations on your favourite social media channel!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.